Authentic content by mactouchbarapps.com
Ancestry Review: Create Your Genealogy Tree
Ancestry is a simple and convenient app that will help you create your genealogy tree. Write your big family story, find out your roots, and save the memory of loved ones.
Design and Usability 9/10
Thanks to the app’s mobility, you can explore the history of your family, regardless of your location. With the app, you can add new relatives, upload their photos, and record their stories. For example, when visiting relatives, ask about your ancestors, the years of their life, take some photos from an old family album, write down interesting facts from their lives, and upload all this information into the app.
The family tree diagram can be implemented in a vertical or horizontal form. In Ancestry, you can increase or decrease the scale of the tree, as well as open the profile of each family member.
The app has a modest design that doesn’t distract you. It is very easy to use and perfect for devices that support the touchpad feature.
Key Functions 8/10
The profile contains three tabs:
- Gallery, in which there are all the photos relating to a particular person;
- A chronology indicating the date of birth, death, as well as other significant events such as relocation, marriage, work, etc.;
- Family, where parents, children, spouses, brothers and sisters of each person are shown.
- Ancestry helps you not only collect information about your family, but also share this data with relatives. Share the information you have collected with friends, who can also leave comments and contribute to filling in the pedigree.
- Probably with the help of Ancestry you can find distant relatives.
In the application you can also store all family documents and photos. There is no need to use the old box to store all the necessary documents - instead make photocopies and save them directly in the application.
Synchronization of information occurs in the cloud storage Ancestry, so access to the family tree can be obtained not only from a smartphone or tablet, but also from your MacBook.
You can be sure that the information and photos you keep in the app are not shared with third parties. The creators of the app guarantee full confidentiality and make everything possible to protect your data from leakage. To avoid any scams, make sure that you download the app from the iTunes Store.
The Ancestry app lets you easily access your genealogy tree, photos, documents, and stories of your relatives. There are many tools that allow you to cite sources and create your family tree adding various useful details.
- A great app that allows you to create your genealogy tree
- You can store a lot of photos in the Ancestry cloud storage
- You can keep important documents related to your family members in the app
- It would be good to have visuals
- Use of internet is required